Re: Fingers and Buffett

Winslow, you don't wear earplugs to concerts?  I always do now.  I would
recommend this to anyone that is in a loud environment for a sustained
period of time.  Another good example would be a stage you're playing
on.  I use custom molded earplugs that have frequency compensated
inserts.  The inserts come in 15db and 25 db cuts.  The cut is flat.  No
notches from 20-20000 hz.  They're made especially for musicians and
sound techs.  I have minor hearing damage already.  It's not going to get
worse.  Earplugs get used to them, that's my moto now.  I find that I
enjoy live music a lot more now because of the earplugs.  Hearing loss is
cumulative.  It doesn't get better.  The ear plugs are expensive.  About
$125 with just one set of inserts.  Hearing aids start at about $2000 and
go to over $5000.  If you can stand them the shooting earplugs are about
a buck a pair in any gun shop or drug store.  FJM I learned the hard way.