Re: Chromatic Purchase

>        A friend of mine works at a music store that is closing.  THey
>have a 10-hole Kock Chromatic available for $47.00.  They've been selling
>them at $78.00, but they want to unload this one.  I have two questions:
>
>        1. Is this a harp that I want??? I have been playing diatonic for
>about 2 years and have developed to a solid state of mediocrity.  I have
>been waiting to jump on a Chromatic, but I don' know squat about them.
>
>        2.  I play blues, and little else, so will this harp be useful to
>me or not???

The Koch is not a chromatic in the regular sense of the word. It is
essentially two diatonic harps a half step apart and when you push in the
slide you get the other harp. For example, I have a Koch in G. It is
Richter tuned. When I push in the slide I get a G#. The reeds on these
harps are not as easy to bend as diatonics but they are useful harmonicas.

I bet somebody like Winslow could explain the thing better than I.