Re: Pourtnoy's warble

At  9:11 AM 10/11/94 +0700, Tan Cheng Ann wrote:
>regarding air leakage in playing the harp...what do the other pros
>have to say? more practice, no short cuts?

Eat the harp.  keep the same puckered, about to whistle face, but stuff the
harp as far in to your mouth as you can - your top front teeth should touch
the cover plate.  "Ah, but how can I pucker my lips in a whistling fashion
with a lump of metal and plastic shoved in my mouth?" - well, it's not the
lips that form the air column, it's the tongue and other bits of the mouth.

Look at a picture of someone like Little Walter, Sonny Boy etc playing a
short harp, and note how far in the mouth the instrument is.

>-cheng ann

   -- hugh