Re: My new amp!

:I seem to remember reading that the alnico magnet was the key to this
:speaker's unique sound.

Someone help me out, Joe has confused me. On the old Jensens, the speakers
are listed as alnico or ceramic. I assume the "nic" in alnico is nickel,
am I wrong? Is this the material that the magnet is "wrapped" around or is it
the magnet itself? Nickel is one of the four ferrous metals (ferromagnetic)
that can be magnetized but that doesn't explain the refence to ceramic. Also
does anyone have any info on dating old Jensen speakers. I'd like to know
more about mine.

PS Did I mention I picked up an old SilverTone Twin Twelve? I know, I know,
Gosh doesn't Tim Moody ever by anything without two twelves in it? I'd love
to, but I keep getting these deals. As for tone, this baby stomps my mod'ed
up blackface Fender Twin right into the ground. Anyone know a guitar player
that want to buy a Twin?

Tim Moody