Re: My new amp!

I'd have to agree about the Bassman reeissue speakers.  Harsh when new is
a major understatement.  You could drive nails at 50 yards when this amp
is new.  They do get better they don't get good.  I think the other
problem with the B-man RI is the stock output transformer that fender
uses.  It's bobbin wound not paper core and the efficency is way lower
than an older transformers would be.  The other obvious thing to do with
the Bassman is pitch the solid state rectifier and replace it with a
5U4GB rectifier tube.  FJM