[no subject]

     Hello from Manila.  This is my first posting -- learned about Harp-L
     from Winslow at '94 SPAH in Memphis (Thanks, Winslow).

     I have a catalogue from Norman Ives (UK) that describes his new amp,
     designed especially for the harmonica.  It sounds like he's come up
     with the dream amp:  two channels, one clean and the other for the
     overdrive Chicago sound, place for an rack-mount effects unit and
     other goodies.  Has anyone tried this amp?  Is it as good as it
     sounds?

     Mark Ford is one of my favorites.  I am surprised that he doesn't show
     up in the Harp-L Archives.  Anyway, he has a fairly recent album
     simply called Mark Ford.  His tone and attack sound almost like a
     heavy rock guitar.  Does anyone know how he gets that sound?  I'm
     guessing that he plays through some kind of effects box.

     I've been browsing the archives like crazy since subscribing a week
     ago.  Amazing and interesting stuff there -- thanks to you all.

     Tomcat