Re: Tuned metal bodies

At  6:05 PM 10/16/94 -0500, Rick Barker wrote:
>>OK Hugh, you got my attention. I am reading your post going, "Ya, why didn't
>>I think of that." Then I started thinking," Wait a munite, if the bodies are
>>tuned to the key that your harp is in, what is the effect of playing in
>>other positions". Or  how does it sound with notes that don't resonate to a
>>given note?
>>

>>Tim Moody
>
>This is a very good point since a significant percentage of the time most
>of us don't play in 1st position that. So, ah, yeah man, Hugh, what does it
>all mean?

Well I'll be hornswoggled if I know.  My knowledge of acoustics is not
exactly comprehensive.  Sketchy would be a better description.  Or perhaps
non-existant would be best.  Personally I could care less why it might or
might not work - my mate David sez it sounds khule, so I'll get one and see
if it works.

I know that certain harps I've owned "feel" better - right now I have a low
G Meisterklass that really sings, I can feel a resonance through my jaw and
other sundry bits of my face (especially if I have my teeth on the cover
plate).  I used to have a bell metal combed Huang Silvertone in d that felt
(and sounded) as good..

   -- hugh