Race records

> >was all white.  An intersting phenomena if you ask me.  Billy also railed
> >against the racist practices of the music industry.  He mentioned the
> >success of SRV in particular as a good example of this kind of
> >unfairness.  Albert King gets next to nothing while SRV flies around in
> >helicopters.  The Elvis pPresley syndrome is what he called it.  FJM

He certainly had a point about the record industry. I think we can agree
that (with certain exceptions) record companies treated black acts like
dirt. I think we can also agree that white musicians have made far more
money from black music than black musicians have. And it is also true
that a white musician will do far better than a stunningly brilliant
black musician playing the same music. Eric Clapton, anyone?

--
Ahmet Ertegun introduced the former secretary of state to 'my friend'
Wilson Pickett, then on probation for taking a loaded shotgun into a