Me, Norman 'n' Lee Oskars

I would just like to make something very clear ...

Anything I say concerning Lee Oskar and Tombo Ultimos is *my* opinion and
in NO WAY reflects the views of Norman Ives or anyone else.  Even if it
does, it doesn't, if you see what I mean.

Eh hem.  That's it.  Thankyou.  We now return you to your scheduled programming.

"White boys can play blues"
"Oh no they can't"
"Oh yes they can"
"Oh no they CAN'T"
"Oh yes THEY CAN"
"OH no THEY CAN'T"
"OH YES THEY CAN!"
"OH NO THEY CAN'T!!!!"

[FX argument fades, but continues, underneath]
[VOICEOVER - smarmy music buff type voice]

"'The blues' that white boys can't play is a particular mutation of the
'blues' that existed in a certain place at a certain time in history.  As
such some would say that there are no longer even any black players who can
play 'the blues'.  Black and white players alike get better every day at
imitating, mutating and generally honking on music that draws heavily on
'the blues', which itself drew on other manifestations of the 'blues'.  But
'the blues' itself no longer exists."

[CUT TO clip on Sonny Boy I, circa 19xx, grainy black and white, scratchy sound]
[CUT TO clip of Little Walter, circa 1957, good b&w, primitive but good sound]
[CUT TO clip from latest John Lee video, shot and recorded on $2.5m budget]

"Of course, if you're talking about the 'blues' (as opposed to 'the blues')
... anyone can play that."

[FX the whole of Mozart's Mass in C minor, volume cranked up to 11]

[FADE TO BLACK]
[VOICEOVER change to super polite female computer generated voice]

"legibilty coefficient is now zero point zero two three and falling"

   -- hugh