Re: L.A. Harp Updates

On Mon, 17 Oct 1994 BassHarper@xxxxxxx wrote:

> The next day, Sat Nov 19, Lee Oskar has scheduled another of his all-day
> workshops at the Baked Potato, Pasadena.  Whether you are a beginner or a
> pro, there is always something to learn - playing, maintenance, tuning,
> special tunings, theory, amplification, effects - or anything you would like
> to learn about the Lee Oskar Harmonicas.  The fee - $75 - includes a
> continental breakfast, soft-drinks all day, and your choice of a new Lee
> Oskar harmonica (any key) or a Lee Oskar Toolkit (with 16-page manual) and a
> workshop[ book loaded with lots of valuable informarion.  A great value for
> anyone who may be in the area - some have even flown down in the past from
> San Francisco!  For more information, call (818) 441-8874, fax (818)
> 441-6049, or leave a message for me on e-mail.  Be sure to include your
> mailing address.  Reservation deadline - Nov 14 - all reservations must be
> prepaid.  Be sure to register early, they're always a sell-out.

I reccommend this workshop.  I went to one in Phoenix a couple of years
ago and it totally changed my life in terms of harmonica.  Learning to
tune and adjust your own harmonica is a must for anyone who's serious
about the instrument.  It's the only way to have the level of control over
the harmonicas performance that you need to play at that next level.  The
book you get with the workshop is worth the price of admission alone.
Tuning layouts of every diatonic commonly made today.  Alternate tunings
that Lee has devised that aren't in current mass production.  The amazing
thing for me was the amount of stuff that I kind of knew that came
together for me in the month after the workshop.  Synergy at its best.
You can learn to tune and adjust a harmonica on your own (I did) but this
is a whole bunch easier and faster.  Just because harmonica is a solo
instrument doesn't mean you have to go it alone.  FJM