Re: Hank Williams? (or truth is stranger than...)

And Windsor, I mean Winfred, you know, what's his name, that smart guy, said:

>I believe you mean Dolly

And silly point it was.  This tangential thread has gone on long enough. I
think the story line in the movie mentioned Hank Williams.  Oops.  No more
non-harp bandwidth.  Promise  ;)

======

And along with your handy desk reference version  of the Harvard Music
Dictionary (3 inches thick :), physics-types may be interested in the
following:

Acoustics of the Flute, John Coltman, Physic Today, November 1968
The Physics of Woodwinds, Arthur H. Benade, Scientific American, October 1960
The Physics of Brasses, Arthur H. Benade, Scientific American, July 1973
The Physics of the Piano, E. Dornell Blackman, Scientific American,
December 1965
The Physics of Violins, Carleen M. Hutchins, Scientific American, November 1962
The Electronic Music Synthesiser and the Physics of Music, W. H. Harman,
American Journal of Physics, September 1975.

Source of list of is a very, very dusty textbook, PHYSICS parts 1 & 2,
Halliday and Resnick.

Your public library should have these. I'm sure there's more up-to-date,
readable stuff on this sort of thing, perhaps some more relevant to
harmonica.

Regards,
Harv     haandruss@xxxxxxx - opinions my own