Re: John Brim

I have two CX-12s.  A black and gold color models.  I like the sound of the
gold color better than black.  Don't know why the sound is better, but to my
ear it is better.  The CX12 is not a bad sounding harmonica.  Actually, a
harmonica is a very personal thing.  What sounds good to one person may not
sound good to another.  Since I play the Silver Concerto, I use that all the
time, except for the Hering 4 octave to play Scott Joplin music.  The Hering
is very responsive to the breath, actually it has a better response than the
Silver Concerto. However, the more I play the Silver Concerto, the more I
realize it has the best quality sound (and it should for the price I paid for
it).  I my estimation the next best sounding harmonica is the Hering.  You
can get them from Richard Farrel for $67 or $69 dollars.  Also, the Super
Chromonica is not a bad sounding model.  Some people like the Super 64X
model.  But, be sure that you do not get a noisy slide.

Richard Martin