Re: 12th position??!@?

> Anybody out there actually use this postion on a regular basis?  What songs,
> or types of songs does it work on?  The fourth note of this G scale on a D
> harp falls on the draw7 so it's nearly impossible to get the note flat by
> bending (draw6 is only a half step down from there in pitch)...or is it?
> TIA for any info or anecdotes you can share with me concerning this weird
> position.
>
> Bill Long >-- StarGazer

I have been using this position quite a bit lately.  It's great for Jazz,
Blues, and country.  I have been using it in a more jazzy/popish context
though.  To use it effectively you need to be able use the overblows. OB6
for the 4th and OB4 for the b7...

Check Out Levy's stuff.  Alot of it is 12th/1st flat position.  Listen to
Celebrate Me Home on That Kenny Loggin's CD Live from the Redwood forest
of something...

-Chris Michalek