Re: MS Series Harmonicas

Oh I forgot something.  The MS Big River is the first Hohner product I
haven't had to retune in a long time.  A few weeks ago I made the
statement that Hohners were flay out of the box.  This led to a
digression on the differences between just and equal temperment tunings.
Well I meant flat out of the box not I like this tuning better.  The hand
tuned Hohners always have at least 2 often four notes that are 30 to 40
cents flat of an A 440hz standard.  The MS didn't have this problem.  It
varied about 25 cents but so does the tuning I use when I re-tune.
Nothing under a 440.  I checked a couple of my hand tuned Hohners that I
haven't gotten ariund to retuning and they're all out.  The variance
between octaves is often over 30 cents.  The chords are worse.  I had one
that differed by 50 cents.  Brand new.  Now you know why I switched to
Lee Oskars.  They're all tuned sharp.  I might note that most orchestral
instruments are also tuned slightly sharp of a 440.  FJM