Re: Obnoxious category / Honking patrons / Kevin's

> In short, harp attracts more gobshites than any other
> instrument. Once you get to the better players though, all the gobshites
> get filtered out (unlike a certain 6-stringed instrument, which shall
> remain nameless).
>
> --
> If chance supplied a loaf of white bread,  |m.carley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Two casks of wine and a leg of mutton,     |mjcarley@xxxxxxxxxxx
> In the corner of a garden with a           |Michael Carley
>     tulip-cheeked girl                 |Mechanical Engineering,
> There'd be enjoyment no Sultan could outdo.|Trinity College, Dublin

Not all the guitarists reading this list would subscribe to the
notion that 'gobshites' do not get filtered out of the arena of good
guitar players.  I hold a Master's Degree in performance on the
classical guitar and I can tell you that what matters is not the
instrument you play, but HOW you play it.   Personally, I filter out
insincerity more often than I do poor or undeveloped musicianship.
Give me an honest undeveloped player over a sham trick-lick player
ANY day.

Ahem.

John