Re: Chord (another digression)

In answer to FJM's query about Gene Finney's playing on Ry Cooder's
Mr. Railroad Man: He's playing the bass.

Boomer's Story is a favorite record of mine, and I've always liked that
goofy picture of Gene Finney that appears on the record sleeve. In 1991
I was sitting in the audience at a performance during the SPAH convention
in Detroit. I happened to glance at the guy sitting next to me and there
was that album sleeve photo come to live. It actually was Gene Finney.
When I introduced myself and told him how much I'd liked his playing on
Ry Cooder's record, he seemed genuinely stunned. Just one of the strange
payoffs you can get at a harmonica convention.

--Kim Field