Re: Hohner quality control?

                                             randyl@xxxxxxxxxx

On Sun, 4 Sep 1994, Hugh Messenger wrote:

> Is it just me or ...
>
> Out of the last dozen or so Hohner diatonics I've purchased, about half
> have died the death within a couple of weeks.  I'm sure it's not just me,
> as I have Lee Oskars, Tombo Ultimos and some Huang Silvertones in my gig
> case that have lasted several years.  The oldest Special 20 I have is about
> four months, and it is on the way out.
>
> I've written to Hohner about this, but received no response.
>
> Comments?
>
>    -- hugh

   ...I, too, have had this problem recently with Special 20s. I don't
know what to do. They're definitely my favorite harp in terms of tone
although, if I had my druthers, I'd play a Lee Oskar. It just doesn't
sound as good amplified to my ears, though. However, I'm starting to get
cheesed at spending so much cash on the Oskars.