Re: Hohner quality control?

At  9:54 9/5/94 -0400, Norbert Brunhuber wrote:
>  The biggest problem I've had lately from Hohner is that the offsets on
>the lower notes are not high enough, making quick playing or octave
>playing a risky endeavor.  Now I know it not hard to fix the action on a
>harmonica; this is just observation of something that's become apparant
>to me by being annoying.

I always regap new harps anyway, but yes, I've noticed this.  My main
problem is reeds flattening out and/or fracturing.  I play with very little
breath, hardly ever honk and wail hard, and have a bunch of harps that have
lasted two years of 3+ gigs plus practice per week, so I'm sure it's the
reeds and not me.

>--Norbert

   -- hugh

"You can get one of them from Norman"