Re: Eddy Manson ?

You wrote:

>There are a couple of pages on him in Kim Field's book.  He mentions
>Little Fugitives and says the soundtrack was released on Folkways.  He
>played with Mitch Miller then went on to do movie arrangments and
>scoring.  He's also credited with playing on the theme songs to the
>Virginian, and Ben Casey.  Kim Field also mentions that he recorded a
>harmonica solo for Michael Jacksons One day in your life. All of the
>above information was taken from Harmonicas, Harps, and Heavy Breathers
>an excellent book profiling the careers of the greatest american
>harmonica players.  Mr. Field is a member of this list.

Eddie Manson is a professional musician that has scored and backed up
many movies.  At the Chicago SPAH he hosted a very efective workshow
wherein he would take a volunteer from the audience and critique the
playing right on the spot.  Amazing to see how some of the guys were shaped
up in a matter of minutes.

If you have the opportunity to encounter one of the seminars, I suggest that
you take advantage of the opportunity.

Jim Dinkey - Santa Clara Valley Harminica Club.