Re: Rude harp players

Hugh wrote:

	[SNIP]

> I played a gig on Friday night where I met *the* most obnoxious harp player
> who (for me) summed up the bad rap harp players get.

	[SNIP]

> time I sat at the Hammond during the second set, this guy just jumps up,
> grabs my harp mike and starts honking away, a semi-tone sharp (he heard us
> say "E" and grabbed his A, I guess).  I asked him to step down and he
> ignored me.  I asked him again and he told me to f*** off.  I ended up
> having to literally push him off stage.

	[SNIP]

 I am stunned! Is this a regular ting then?
 It doesn't seem to happen over here. Well I did see it once at an
 open air punk concert, which I went to thinking it was a blues thing.

 It just shows how stupid I can be! Mind you I would have expected
 it at a punk gig.

 Maybe we English have too much (or the right amount?) of "cool, British
 reserve" and that stops all but the loonies doing things like this.

 We *are* a strange lot, we English anyway:-)

 Gordon