Re: Clicking G harp.

At  8:48 9/7/94 -0700, clarke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>.  I've found that the trick is to use *everything* as a
>>sound chamber - hands, sinuses, nose, mouth, throat, lungs, diaphragm,
>>butth^H^H^H^H^H etc and to get the right amp / effects / mike setup.
>>
>What effects do you use in in doing Walter Horton stuff?

For the generic Chicago sound I just use a touch of reverb and some
slapback echo (if I remembered to buy a new battery for the foot pedal).  I
use a Princeton, cranked up to 9.5 with both tone knobs set to 0.

>I actually am a
>big fan and am trying to concentrate on aspects of my playing which
>Big Walter did better than anybody else (TONE)!  Jerry Portnoy is the
>only living player that comes close to getting that fat tone.

Ooooh, big claim.  There's a couple of other players out there with that
quality of tone.

>Bernie Clarke
>"Don't start me to talkin', I'll tell everything I know!"  SBWII

   -- hugh