Re: Why lay out?

>On Wed, 7 Sep 1994, Rick Barker wrote:
>

>> The SGX-2000 pre-amp is sounds amazingly good. I think I could fool a
>> blind-folded purist into thinking it was a vintage Fender amp.

and Barry Schaede replied:

>Ah but you couldn't fool me into thinking it was an Alesis.  I listened
>to ART's but got the midiverb instead.  FJM

I gotta chuckle outta that one. Alesis may have better digital effects,
they do seem to be quite popular.

I use a late '50's blonde Gibson Discoverer at blues jams because it's
quite portable and has a good sound. It must be miked since the volume can
be turned up to 11 and it still won't feedback even with a bullet mic.