Re: Hot Rod Twin was Vox AC30s?

At  9:50 9/8/94 -0700, clarke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> [advises me to leave the Twin stock]

I got the thing for free and have never minded hacking amps around.  If it
was pre-CBS I'd leave it, but I really would like to see what can be done
to them.

Specifically I want it to sound 'creamier'.  I would also like it to break
up (distort, overdrive, whatever) a bit more when pushed hard.  I'm an
electrical ignoramus, but there must be ways to achieve this.

Being a bit quieter wouldn't be bad either, although I can always use the
Princeton (or a Silvertone I found the other day) for smaller venues.  The
larger clubs we play need something with legs.

How about running a 2 or 4 by 10" as an external cab?  With or without the
internal speakers?

I think the real reason I want to keep this amp must be that lugging the
thing around reminds me of my lost Vox.  The Vox is gone but the Hernia
remains.

   -- hugh