Re: Green Bullet selling price?

On Mon, 12 Sep 1994 jjp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> > > You should be able to get at least 100.00 if in good condition. They can sell
> > > for up to 125.00 aroung this part of the country...
> >
> > I may be missing something, but the mail order company Musician's Friend
> > advertises the Shure 520D Green Bullet for $89.88 new.  It comes with
> > cable and quarter inch plug.

 ....Which reminds me: I wonder why Shure has never updated these mics
with removable cords, volume controls or at least an on-off switch.
Virtually every Green bullet player I know has worked his over, generally
adding a phone jack and removing the old cord, along with often adding a
volume control. When I used a Green Bullet years ago, I epoxied the cord
to the strain relief spring sticking out of the mic to stop the cord from
twisting. (Also, I think there'd bee a good aftermarket demand for this
sort of work...)