RE: Newbie & New York Harmonica Club

    Vic & Chen,

    	I hope this information isn't redundant - I know this dosen't answer
    your specific questions. I pulled the New York CLubs (included Garden
    State, NJ) and the China clubs from the gopher. Perhaps a phone call can
    put you in touch with a club/harmonica friend nearby.
    						Jack
    Vic writes...

    >Are there any list members with information on the New York club?  I'm
    >interested in the meeting schedule and general activities.  Thanks.
    >Vic

    Tan Cheng Ann writes...

    >I've sent a request asking for help in learning bending (and all related
    >stuffs to blues harp). I have tried searching the archive (spent about
    >an hour) but there are no specific and thorough explainations about
    >blues technique. Can you guys please me out?
    >I know nothing more than straight playing and hand vibrato.
    >Playing by ear is relatively easy for me since I play the guitar too.
    >There were some recommendation to good books but I have difficulty
    >in obtaining them. The music store do stock some of them, but they
    >are very expensive (after mailing/shipping cost to this part of the
    >world. BTW, I am in Singapore.....perhaps the only Asian Chinese
    >subscribed to this list, as I was informed by Chris..:) )is..:) ).
    >I am an undergrad...which means I do not have the financial freedom to
    >buy all that i like! :(
    >Can some of you out there spend some time teaching me some good harp
    >tricks ...in detail, please?
    >thanks a lot!

    	NEW YORK HARMONICA CLUBS

    Capital District Harmonica Club	William Teoli	(518) 399-5841
    40 Woodside Drive
    Scotia, NY 12302

    Garden State Harmonica Club	John Wehner	(201) 652-1787
    PO Box 28
    New Milford, NJ 07646

    Hudson Valley Harmonicas	George A. Folchi	(914) 962-4985
    151 California Rd.
    Yorktown Heights, NY 40214

    Long Island Harmonica Club	Robert Fulli	(516) 546-5973	Key Notes
    PO Box 118
    East Meadow, NY 11554

    Million Dollar Harmonica Club	George Ross	(914) 878-6757
    Box 62, RR 1, Ludingtonville Rd.
    Holmes, NY 12531

    	CHINA HARMONICA CLUBS

    Harmonica Art Promotion Assoc.	Shin-Chen Liao	02-703-4312
    No. 6-4, 4th Fl., Alley 20, Lane 125
    Fu Shing South Rd., Sec. 2
    Taipei, Republic of China

    Melody Harmonica Music Society	Joseph Ng	n/a
    Apt Block 143, 09-1136 Jalan Bukit Merah,
    Singapore 0316

          Jack Ely - Columbus, Ohio              SYS_ELY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx