Re: diatonics and song keys (CORRECTION!)

Hi all,

I found an error after I sent this...read on.

>Date: Thu, 15 Sep 1994 09:39:58 -0500 (EST)
>From: Bill Long <LONGWJ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: RE: diatonics and song keys

[...pick up the message where we're talking about using the dorian mode to
play songs in minor keys...]

>Another option would be to select a G harp and play in the key of A-min.
>But it's not a true minor.  It is called the "Dorian Mode" and it's almost
>the same as the natural minor scale except that the 6th step of the scale
>is a half-step higher in pitch (a B natural instead of a B flat).
Sorry, somehow I started thinking in the key of C-minor.  What that should
say is: (an F sharp instead of an F natural)

Bill Long >-- StarGazer