Re: H'ville Big Spring Jam

At 10:08 9/16/94 -0500, Craig.Smoot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>To:  Ted Albritton
>(and other Harp-L possible *Big Spring Jam* attendees),
>
>Will we be seeing you next weekend for Huntspatch's Big (little) Spring
>Jam?  KOKO TAYLOR and her Blues Machine will be performing Sunday, Sept.
>25th @ 5:30pm on the *BUDWEISER STAGE* :-), as well as BIG AL and the
>Heavyweight Blues Band on the same day @ 1:30pm on the H'ville Times
>Stage.

Stands back in amazement!  I live in Huntsville, and ...

Strangely enough, my band ("The Snake Doctors") is performing on the
Budweiser Stage, some time soon after 12 noon on Saturday.  We're the first
act, so timing will probably be uncertain.  As the Temptations will be on
that stage as last act, we can truthfully say we "shared the bill" with
them!

We're also headlining at ...

The Kaffee Klatsh on Friday night (corner of Clinton and Jefferson, five
minutes walk from Big Spring Park).

The Turning Pointe on Saturday night (corner of University and the Parkway,
behind Shoneys, five minutes drive from BSP).  This is where we have been
doing a regular Thursday night gig for nearly a year, and the Big Spring
Saturday Night Show promises to be a good one!

Anyone reading this who might make it to one of these shows, let me know
and I'll put you on the guest list.

>*ALSO* I was thinking of maybe having a small Harp-L/Blues-L meeting at the
>Koko performance (for those interested).  Whaddya think?  Anyone interested
>can post back to me and let me know.

I'll be there.  Now there remains the problem of identification ... red
carnations?  A copy of the Times held upside down?  Last year was crowded,
and that was the first year.  This year I suspect will be very crowded.

   -- hugh