Re: Sleazy Chromatic Bluesy Techniques

:Yikes!  You play the *chromatic* while driving?  That's a two-handed
:instrument!  I can see playing a diatonic while driving, but how the heck do
:you play the chromatic and steer? <g>
Two handed? Only if you use that-thar little lever. Very few blues chromatic
players use the button unless they want to play in Eb. :-)  Carey Bell evens
goes so far as to cut off the lever. Lots of blues in D on the chromatic. Of
course it's pretty obvious we don't utilize the full potential of the
instrument. Paul deLay or Mike Turk are good examples of blues chromatic
players WITH the button and Rod Piazza or Little Walter are good examples of
blues chromatics players WITHOUT the button(or at least much of it)

Tim Moody
MississippiSaxophone