Re: SMALL HARMONICA AMP

 So I would appreciate any
>information fellow harmonica players could pass along on their experience with
>or knowledge of good small amps.

A vintage Fender Champ can be had for about $170 in good condition.  A Princeton about
$100 more.  Some really great amps from the 60s are Silvertones which were sold by Sears.
I bought one for $50 a couple of months ago.  Great sound -- all tube.  This model had a
single 8" speaker in it and I think it had two 6V6 output tubes.

>Also, it might be worth noting that I would like to spend no more than 200
>dollars, if possible, and have a preference for older equipment (unless the
>new stuff can get the job done). The microphone I use most often is an old Sure
>silver bullet with a contolled reluctance element. One final concern of mine is
>how to achieve any type of reverb with smaller amps. Provided it is not built
>in, can effects pedals and delays do the job?

I don't use any effects except on rare occasion an old analog delay pedal.
Be very careful of the delay pedals that you buy.  Test them with the amp that
you are going to use before you buy them.  The signal from a microphone is
much "hotter" than from a guitar (what the pedals were designed for) and
you hear distortion whether the effect is on or passing the signal straight
through.

Bernie Clarke
"Don't start me to talkin', I'll tell everything I know" - SBWII