Re: Mic?

At 12:29 8/31/16 +2034, Tim Wong wrote:
>I went to a used music store and saw a mic that looked just like a green
>bullet, but was painted brown...It didn't sound like a green bullet either -
>more highs and not as much of a power midrange.  Anyone have an idea what this
>may be?  The guy at the store told me he thought it was an "Astic" (presumably
>he meant Astatic?).  It was on sale for 75$.  Anyway, if anyone can tell me
>anything from my vague description, I would be very thankful...

Probably one of the "original" 50's Astatics.  I forget which models they
had - probably either a JT22 or a JT30.

You can buy a new Green bullet for around $90, so $75 is not that good a
deal.  The last 'brown bullet' I bought about six months ago cost me $45.
See if you can get him to knock a few bucks off it ...

   -- hugh