Re: HELP! - crash course in reed tuning needed!

 I desperately need this
>harp for my first gig on Tuesday. I am reluctant to buy
>a new one since I don't really have time to break it in.
>I would really appreciate any help on re-tuning the reed.

What I would like to know is (from the working musicians out there)
does anybody break their harps in before you pull them out at a gig?
I play Marine Bands straight out of the box and keep playing them
until I notice poor intonation.  If a harp goes flat at a gig, I get a backup
out of the case.  I do have backups to every diatonic in the box, but I
don't have time to be putting harps though a break in.  I have noticed
a rare few harps that play better after maybe a little playing through
them, but in general, I like the harps when they are brand new!  This
is clearly my personal opinion, but I wonder what others do?

Bernie Clarke
"Don't start me to talkin', I'll tell everything I know" - SBWII