David Harp, Primich, SPAH video, Runaway

TO: internet:harp-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

        >listening to David Harp was excrutiatingly painfull...I
        >felt like I was in a class and Barney was the teacher)

Yeah, but you should have heard his early cassettes, where he
sounded like a Bronx hot dog vendor trying to convey the
subtleties of caviar.

But you're right, he does sound like Barney, even in real life,
although I never quite made the connection. It's that sincere,
concerned quality. His background is in experimental psychology.
And he is a good teacher. I've seen him get a roomful of
non-players wailing away in half an hour. Not high art, but
certainly confidence building.

Now Gary Primich is a totally different vocal entity. He left a
spoken message on my machine a few weeks ago, and it reminded me
of the courtly side of Johnny Cash, so beautifully phrased. One
thing Cathi Norton can convey to him is my greeting, and a
request that he find some way to make it out to California one of
these days.

George Miklas asks:

     >I just got my copy of Harmonica Happenings and there is an
     >ad for a video tape of the Saturday evening "entertainment."
     >No where in this ad does it tell whether or not Danny
     >Welton's performance has been edited. Personally, I need an
     >uncut version for my memorabilia. Does anyone know?

Ah, that's the uncut bootleg version. Costs extra. I want one
too. Who shot the video? Maybe they are susceptible to
inducements . . .

There is a video somewhere of that Bonnie Raitt "Runaway" with
Norton Buffalo. I remember seeing it in 1973, when the album was
current. Norton was wearing a gray suit and matching wide-brim
fedora, and kept pulling different harps out of the pockets - one
for each new chord in the progression, as I recall.