Re: Lee Oskar (MM)

>The info. so far on this has been good, but I think it's *highly* debatable as
>to whether 1st position on a C MM is Dm(dorian)

I never thought about this before, but you're right: first position on a MM
ain't Dorian.

I'm another MM fan who tuned them that way for years before Lee started
marketing them.  Now if he would just come out with a Melody Maker in F, I'd
be all set--that is probably the key I use the most.

I play mostly at church, and this tuning works great for the praise and
worship songs we play.  I grab a natural minor harp from time to time, but
for the most part it's either MM tuning or chromatic.

-Mike