Re: Upside Down Playing

I did the same thing when I first picked up a harp: turned it upside down.
I'm sure that it was linked with my being left-handed. I also hold the
harp with my right hand and cup with my left hand--the opposite of most
people.

The only possible problem with playing upside down that I can think of
is if you hold the harp the way most of the world does (in the left hand
and using your right hand as a cupping hand. When you'd play acoustic
it would be harder to get hand effects on the bottom notes, and when
you played amplified with the harp mic in your left hand, the bottom
notes would not be nestled right on top of the mic.

Paul Butterfield and Sonny Terry also played upside down, so we'ree
in good company.

--Kim Field