Re: Those higher notes

On Thu, 2 Feb 1995, Mike Curtis wrote:

> > And screw moderation - too much of everything is just enough.

> As far as putting on a show, what's so wrong with tips on showmanship?  I
> don't know of a single "showman" who puts on a show truly of their own
> volition.  They've seen others do things, and incorporate these into their
> acts.

> And yes, I've had requests to "lie on the floor".
>In this business, the audience is the boss,
> and we get a lot more work keeping that in mind.
>
>  -- mike

Sonny Terry who used to sit in a chair and blow harp says in his oral
autobiography that when he played for tips in bars in North Carolina, and
play in impromptu competitions where the audience would throw money into
a pot and the guy who could cut the hottest licks would take all, he
found he'd make more waving around the hand he wasn't using to hold the
harp.

On the other hand, I'm from the Leon Redbone school of show stopping
theatrics.  It's all in the breathing.
		_____
	 Steve =#####= Harmonica Price!   >  Take your hand out of my pocket