Re: Those higher notes

On Thu, 2 Feb 1995, J Patrick Hester -- NY wrote:

> >> And YOU haven't been doing your teaching homework.
> >> Imagine making a statement like that without mentioning any names!
> >> And screw moderation - too much of everything is just enough.
> >
> >The point of my response to this is that Popper had nothing to do with
> >"proving the harp ain't just for blues." It's been done many times before.
> >Listen to Norton Buffalo's "Living in the Valley of the Moon" album or
> >Madcat Ruth on Skyking's "Secret Sauce" album. We're talking about guys
> >that consistently use all 10 holes on a diatonic elegantly, play with high
> >velocity, know more than just triplets, weren't playing the blues at the
> >time and did it when Popper was still in Little League. Don't get me wrong,
> >Popper's good at what he does but he's by no means the first.
>
> I hear your point and you did address my point - If you want to make a
>
> statement that there are lots of other guys who can "spoo hi-velocity
> high notes just as fast as Poppin' Fresh who also understand concepts
> such as playing with soul, humility and moderation.", well, you'd better
> be ready to back that up with a few names so I can go listen for myself.
> Now I'll go listen to some Norton Buffalo and Madcat Ruth. But check it
> out - I never heard of them until right now. I've heard of "Poppin-Fresh"
> and so have the masses.

You might not like these guys, Patrick.  I say that just based on the
fact that I like them and they don't make me sick the way PF does.  But I
admit to having peculiar tastes--I like music.

One thing I need to check into, though, is where those extra holes are on
my harps.  Mine seem only to have seven, and I haven't been getting a 30%
discount when I buy them.  Lee Oskar could really get my business if,
instead of selling replacement reed plates, he sold replacement half reed
plates.  I'd buy that.
		_____
	 Steve =#####= Harmonica Price!  > Take your hand out of my pocket