Re: Big Walter's Best

I'd like to second Joe Lempkowski's nomination of Walter Horton's playing
on Johnny Shines "Evening Sun" as being among his best. I'd say that it's
one of the greatest amplified harp cuts ever recorded. And because it's
just Walter with Shines on guitar and vocals, Walter up front and center.\
Walter was really on fire that day. He's a one-man wrecking crew on that
cut.

I'd also like to mention Walter's original recording of "Hard Hearted
Woman," one of his own tunes. People have been asking for first-position
tips--countless harp players have cut their first position teeth by
playing along with this one.

--Kim Field