Popper's comments

  Read with interest the letter from John Popper;  his playing has provoked
many comments here on harp-l.  A few of the things he said do deserve some
discussion.  I don't think all harp players go to conventions or want
discourse because they feel "persecuted,"  but unlike, say guitarists or
drummers,  there are fewer harp players out there.  I've lived here in
austin for over a decade and we have a lot of harp players here, stil tho,
it's pretty rare when I can talk with a fellow harp player and discuss
things about our common instruments.  I don't have the jock mentality
Poppers mentions ( penis size references= jock mentality) and feel,
like him, that there is room for all types of players .
  Not too suprised that his influences are jimi hendrix and charlie parker;
he ought to check truly economical players like link wray or jimmie vaughn
and dig how much they say with so few notes.