Re: Music & the Misses

>From: CATHI N.:

> Think about it guys...how would you feel if your lady was out on the road
> with a bunch of guys (or performing for a bunch of drunk guys) four nights
> out of the week?  Food for thought?

I can relate to that Cathi.  Wanna hear a real strange story?
I've been the only female in a number of all male bands but for the past 16
years.  But my former SO was one of the musicians in almost all the bands so
we share some real bizarre stories.  Music kept our relationship stable. Band
girlfriends (and later wives) were not really a problem because they knew I
was there to jam.  Me and the band members were completely comfortable with
me being the only female--from shop talk down to dirty jokes.  Some band
members felt awkward because of a band relationship but me and my SO had a
motto "separate business from pleasure" and it worked real well for many years.

OK--there's a PS to this story.  Our "non-band" relationship had turned from
"SO" to "good friends".  We broke up and the guy running our lights and I
became good friends and is now my SO.  But I jam weekly with my former SO's
new forming band and he wants my new SO to run our lights/sound.

Musicians are one big happy family ;-)

				Carolyn