Re: Hot Rod... (Thanks to Elliott)

Elliott New wrote...

>(Note: This is kinda long.  Sorry.)
>
>Harpers,
>
>I've finally had a chance to take a good look inside that Hot Rod/Crystal
>Balls mic.  In talking to Kevin at Kevin's harps, this mic might be
>a straight Hot Rod and not a hybrid like I thought.  I haven't talked
>to my friend again about it, but Kevin said that the yellow colored
>mics are Hot Rods and that all the Crystal balls are silver-green (like
>an old JT-30).  Anyway, here's what I found...

 8<---
See "Hot Rod -- Crystal Balls Mic (LONG)" 13-Feb-1995 for lots of good stuff!
 8<---

=============================
Re: Thanks for Elliot's work
=============================

>>I think Elliot deserves a hand, for a lot of work, and a clear,
>>descriptive post.  That's the kind of information harp people can use and
>>I for one appreciate it.

>>Perhaps the various harp publications could do more of this sort of
>>thing.  So far I've seen comparisons (which are so useful when trying to
>>spend hard-earned $$$), only on this list and in Kevin's catalog (which
>>ran a three-part series not too long ago).  This is something the guitar
>>players get in their mags, why not ours?
>>
>>--Norbert
>>=============================Hats off to Elliot. Thanks and good job.
>>Everyone should print that out and
>>put it in their harp stuff folder.
>>
>>Thanks,  Tim

=============================
I third the motion - I'm not a techie (Not your kind anyway) - but I enjoy
reading this stuff, and I think it's good info for short harpers. As Norbert
states - "Perhaps the various harp publications could do more of this sort of
thing". Well, some of us on this list are publisher types (Harmonica
Newsletters, etc.) and in a position to do something.

So, If Elliott gives his permisssion - those  of us who are willing, could put
this in our respective publications. Your blanket approval would reach six
editors on HARP-L that I can think of off hand. Further, I suggest you submit
this to Al Eichler at American Harmonica Newsletter.

       Jack Ely - Columbus, Ohio  --Internet--> IMS_ELY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx