Re: Timbuk3 / Pat MacDonald

He plays Golden Melodies.  That's as of Big Shot in the Dark.  I like his
playing.  what's kind of funny though is that I once saw Timbuk3 in
concert and his wife Barbara K. Macdonald played harmonica for one song
and she was great.  I think their music has to be viewed more in the
context of ideas being communicated and realized rather than out and out
musicianship.  Neither on of them are truly playeers.  I think of them
more as story tellers and songwriters that are using music to communicate
their ideas.  In this sense they are extremely good at what they do. This
points out the reason that I don't like John Popper's playing but I do
like Bob Dylan's.  Technically Popper is a superior player.  In terms of
communicating something to me Bob Dylan is much more succesful.  I'll
take communication over pure musicianship every time.  The truly
extrordinary thing is when both talents come together in a single being.
Charlie Parker for instance.  FJM opinions all Harv's not