Re: Hot Rod...

Harp-L,

Thanks to everyone for the kind words about the harp mic posting.  I'm
glad some folks got something out of it.  I enjoy messing around w/those
mics.

>So, If Elliott gives his permisssion - those  of us who are willing, could put
>this in our respective publications. Your blanket approval would reach six
>editors on HARP-L that I can think of off hand.

If any of the publishers were interested in contacting me directly
(elliott.new@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx), I'd be glad to talk about using
the post.  (Seems like it would need a lot of edits and maybe more
facts.)  Also, I'd suggest Tom Ellis as a much better source for more
information.  (Probably more accurate info.)  And, if anyone would like
to give my friend a call (Mike Fore - PackRat Music 803-926-0008), I'm
sure he'd be glad to talk to you.  After all, most of the mics I mentioned
were in *his* music store.  Mike's a great guy, tell him I sent you.
Publishers could probably get a great article by talking to Tom & Mike.
(Tom's business number is 214-328-3225... hope you don't mind, Tom... he's
got a great list of cool mics...)

THE SCHEMATIC
-------------
Several folks have pointed out that the schematic may be wrong.
I was in a big hurry when I scribbled that part down.  I PROMISE I will
verify that w/in the next week.  I still have the mic.  Also, I will
take the cap out and measure it for the exact value.  And, I'll even
try to see if the pot is linear or log taper.  (I feel certain it is
log taper... all the volume knobs I've ever put in mics are log taper...
also known as audio taper.)  I don't want to steer anybody in the wrong
direction.

I'll be back!
Elliott