Re: Suzuki Pro Harps

> ...  My one problem with the Suzuki is that the
> comb is very small - the holes are narrow and fairly close together.  So
> after playing with my larger-holed collection of Hohners and Lee Oskars,
> when I switch to the Suzuki, I have to be careful and get re-calibrated for
> how far the holes are apart!  Otherwise I find myself trying to play in
> between two of them....  I suppose if these were all I played it wouldn't
> be a problem.

I've never noticed this, and checked my diatonic harmonica collection:
ProMaster, Blues Harp, Golden Melody, Cross Harp, and Huang Star
Performer.  All had identical scale lengths.  The holes on some varied a
little, but I wouldn't think this alone would be enough to throw you off.
The ProMaster is virtually identical to the Blues Harp, Golden Melody, and
Star Performer regarding hole size.   Oskars do have cavernous holes,
though.

>  .....  One notable exception are
> citrate salts [i.e., citric acid, found in citrus fruit] which suggests a way
> for Mike C to clean those aluminum salts out of the comb [a little lemon
> juice, perhaps]

Nah - I'm bad and nationwide :-)  I eliminate the middleman and just use
RAID =8*(O)

Actually, I disassemble the harp regularly and use a ScotchBrite plastic
pot scrubbing pad to give it a thorough cleaning.  If the surface of the
comb that mates to the reed plates is pitted (often), I use a flat file
to restore the smooth surface.

 -- mike