Junior Wells.

  I just read the article about Muddy Waters' harp players from Living
Blues #99.  It said that Junior Wells and Little Walter were
contemporaries and did stints in the band at around the same time.  The
article implied that Junior was nearly the equal of Little Walter, if not
in tone, then in melodic capability.

  I have Junior's latest albumn, Better Off with the Blues, and saw him in
Chicago last summer.  The albumn takes the big band approach to the
blues, which I don't particularly care for and there is little harp.  The
harp playing live was also sparse.

  Now I know he is old now and probably worn out from substance abuse,
but, in his heyday, was he a fierce Little Walter rival?  If so, what
albumn of his showcases it?

--Norbert