of his recent releases.

Joe
----- Begin Included Message -----

<From owner-harp-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx  Thu Feb 16 14:03:14 1995
From: clarkeb@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 1995 15:55:30 PST
Subject: Re: Little Walter Emulators (was Re: Country Harp)
To: Harp-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Is Jewtown Burks and Eddie Burks the same guy?  Jewtown is in my
Encyclopedia of the Blues and he's my very favorite player.  He sounds
just like Little Walter and I want to sound just like him.  I even keep
my harps long after they've gone out of tune just so I can get that
cool dissonance with the guitar player in my band.  (Joke alert.  The
preceeding two sentences sould not be taken seriously by those
individuals with no sense of humor!)

I hope that he's not the same guy, because if he is, then he stopped
practicing in the 50's.  Once when I was just learning about a few
different positions, I was asking Eddie about how many positions he
played in and he said, "I play in all of 'em.  I play seven or eight
different positions a night."  Poor guy didn't know the difference
between positions and keys

Bernie Clarke
"Don't start me to talkin'.  I'll tell everything I know." - SBWII

----- End Included Message -----