Amps/Tuning

If I'm looking for a clean sound, do I necessarily want or need a tube amp?
I think that all I want to do is amplify the natural sound of the harp and
add a little reverb to warm it up. What am I sacrificing if I just buy a
cheap solid state amp with spring reverb? I'm planning on using it when
playing country, gospel, and laid back blues, in nursing homes, jam
sessions, and some night clubs. I've been using a dinky Gorilla amp without
reverb, or just running through the PA when on stage with a band. Like most
folks I don't want to lug around or pay for something that I don't need. And
my wife will spend an equal amount to whatever I spend. Know what I mean?
On tuning:
Is it just me or have other folks noticed that key of D and E Golden Melody
harps are usually more sharp (more that 2-3Hz) than other harps? Well, I'm
learning to tune harps now...But I'z just curious.

Thanks,
HarpHound     (now, back to lurker mode...)

Rich Rittenhouse, P.E.