RE: Barry S. picture

Jack Ely <IMS_ELY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>Actually, I tried putting my picture on our flat bed scanner but the light hurt
>my eyes.

#:)

>Kidding aside, (except for the illiterate part) I'm supposed to get "Pictures
>on Disk" from The Seattle Film Works. [This is one of those deals where they
>send you a free roll of film and after that they  want you to use their
>processing]. I just sent in my first roll, and for an extra couple $ they will
>include a floppy (floppy, not photo CD) with your picture files on it, and a
>free viewer program. They also had an offer for software (Photo Works + for
>Windows - 30 bucks) and I went for that too. Anyway I may soon have the ability
>to send a picture to the gopher. All I have to do is find one that won't crack
>your monitor's VDT.

Yea, my cousin did one of those dealies...it seemed like a pretty good
deal (for people who don't already have access to a scanner).

>Chris, do we send this to you - or what is the procedure?

The best thing to do is to UUENCODE the .GIF file and then email it to
me (pierccm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx).  UUENCODE and UUDECODE can be gotten via
FTP from Oak.Oakland.Edu

If you have any other questions, please email me directly (I'll get to
those faster than the ones from the list).

Chris
who doesn't have a picture out there yet...gotta get some guts first!