sound files

I am the self proclaimed "King of All Soundbytes", having a huge
collection of digitized noise. In fact there's like half a gig of
soundbytes on my hard disk right now and these are all compressed.
I have one file which is a song just over 3 minutes. I sampled it
with 16 bit samples at 44khz in stereo. Compressed, this file is
38mb. It's about 60% larger in real life. There are ways to compress
it down even more but not without loss of quality.

Let me tell you this: Quality soundbytes eat LOTS of space. And if
you want to demonstrate harp technique, you need quality sampling.
Lower sampling rates will not reproduce the high ends. If you don't
like the way a solid state amp makes your harp sound, imagine how
it would sound if you were listening over the phone. Or worse yet,
on a see-and-say: "This is a harmonica. do-wah-wah..."

Maybe it would be a better idea to put together a Harp-L CD.