Re: Carey Bell Show

How many times have you heard an entertainer ask the audience to sing
along at some point in the show?  How many times does the person fronting
a band ask the audience to put their hands together and clap along?  Both
of these scenarios occur more often than not at the concerts I've
attended.  What's so different about harmonica players having an actual
harmonica in their pockets at a show?  Believe you me I've seen guitar
players aplenty toting picks around in their wallets.  If they could fit
an amp and Stratocaster in their pocket you'd better believe they'd all
have them at shows.  Another thing about the harmonica players that play
along or ask to sit in which is definitely a side issue to the current
discussion.  We as harmonica players cringe when we see the poor
talentless souls make fools of themselves in front of the masses.  Many
non harmonica playing individuals actually like this stuff.  FJM