bending 10 blow

I've been working on When the Light's Went Out by SBWII off of Keep it to
Ourselves, which is a great CD.  Anyways, in that song, he uses some nifty
high riffs which go up to a bent 10 blow from what I can tell.  Anyways, I
have no trouble bending 8 and 9 blow but I can't control 10.  I can never
hit it bent, and when I do get it to bend, I can't hold it, in other
words, the pitch wavers back and forth.  I can't figure out what I'm
changing in my mouth to make it bend and unbend.  Anyways, if anyone could
give me some pointers on this, I'd be really appreciative.

This is somewhat unrelated, but I have another question.  People have been
talking about valved harps, someone said that they "make 1st position
blues" and also people talked about a harmonica that comes valved and then
about valving (is that a word?) any harmonica.  Anyways, I'm curious as to
just what this whole valving business is about (how do you do it, what do
you do, what is it?)  Thanks bundles for any info. you can give me.

				-Tom-